Thursday, July 8, 2010

Im completely perceived as someone else!

Yesturday evening, I got yet another comment from someone "I would have never guessed that about you" It kind of made me think, if people are judge my book by its cover, what is my cover???

Some people would never believe by my appearance that I am a total tomboy. When I was a kid, I played with GI Joe's, Transformers and Hot Wheels. When I was in middle school I wore Jnco's and had purple hair and never wore makeup. In my early years of high school, I was a total punk changing my hair color every month and looking like an idiot. But I loved it at the time!

I was always in love with sports. In high school, I almost tried out for the football team because I could throw a perfect spiral long distance. Besides that fact that the coach was a total sexist pig and I wanted to prove a point.

I have spent most of my life with 90% male friends. I have my select few of female friends and the majority of them I have been friends with since childhood. The understand me and support me for the inner tomboy that I am.

As I got older, I realized that its OK to still be feminine and be a tomboy at the same time. It works for me. I have actually gotten really into fashion and I am pretty good at putting some awesome outfits together. So it always surprises people when they learn how tomboy-ish I am.

The lifetime lesson here is, you should never judge a book by its cover. People can surprise you!

No comments: